Welcome to Crowborough Runners
We are a friendly club that welcomes runners of all ages and abilities from total beginners who are just starting out on their running journey to athletes who have race specific goals. Our members comprise of beginners, juniors and regular club runners, some of whom are social runners and some of whom are competitive club runners with race specific goals.
We are now fortunate enough to have use of a newly surfaced, three lane all-weather track which makes track sessions more safe, comfortable and enjoyable. The track is floodlit at night and our guided training sessions make the most of the opportunity for all year-round training for all abilities. Our training sessions are led by a dedicated team of qualified volunteer coaches. We encourage anyone interested in joining our club to come along and try out one or more of our weekly training sessions, further details of which can be found below.
GET TO KNOW US
Come along to any of our weekly sessions
- Monday - a beginner's session for 45 minutes from 7 pm, on the track at the Leisure Centre in Crowborough. Total beginners are welcome and receive support, guidance and encouragement designed to give confidence and the ability to run up to a 5K distance within 10 weeks.
- Tuesday - 6.30 pm on the track for an hour of Sid's race training which includes speed and endurance work.
- Wednesday - we meet at the leisure centre for a club run - one group leaves for an easy paced run at 7.15 pm, a middle-paced run starts at 7.20 pm, and a faster group leaves at 7.30 pm. All groups do a road run of around 6 miles.
- Saturday - training session for junior members age 8 and above, on the running track at 9.45 am.
- Sunday - runners organise themselves into groups to explore local tracks and trails, road and off road, according to their training needs and the conditions. Some choose to cover longer distances, especially when training for marathons. If you would like to join us on a Sunday run, please contact us so that we can match you with a group doing a suitable pace and distance.