Crowborough Junior Runners is fully committed to safeguarding and
promoting the well-being of all its members. The club believes that it is
important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the
club should, at all times, show respect for each other.
Openness is encouraged and any concerns or complaints about any aspect of the club should be shared with Peter Maddison (Chairman) or Mary Nightingale (Junior Coach).
As a member of Crowborough Junior Runners you are expected to abide by the following junior club rules :-
· All members must respect coaches and officials and their decisions.
· All members must wear suitable kit for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach/team manager. The club vests are compulsory when competing for the club. Hair should be tied back and trainers should be suitable and laced up properly.
· All members should be signed in and out by their parents on training evenings. They cannot sign themselves out unless they have a note from their parents enabling them to do so and they can then ONLY sign themselves out - not their friends.
· Members must not leave Goldsmiths during a training session without asking permission of the coach.
· Members must pay membership fees promptly.
· Members must not touch potentially dangerous equipment until a coach has advised them to and then must use it sensibly and safely.
· Members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst
representing the club at competitions
· Junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
· Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
· All members must respect other athletes both at training and in competition.
· Members must behave sensibly at all times. A maximum of two
warnings will be given by the coach during a training session to someone who has
misbehaved and if the misbehaviour continues, the member will be asked to sit
out the rest of the session and the parents informed. If the member continues to
misbehave on subsequent training evenings, the member will be suspended from
training for one week and the parents notified again.